To develop, implement and maintain standards for all Mobility Services (including Car Rental and Vehicle with Driver Service Industries) in all distribution systems enabling customers to book with confidence
- Continue to develop industry standards to provide full transparency with a fair comparison when booking mobility services including car rental or vehicle with driver services.
- Create tools to automate delivery of industry content.
- Influence the Car Rental, Vehicle with Driver Service industries within Mobility services and distribution channels to drive adoption of the ACRISS standards.
- Adherence and compliance of the ACRISS Code of Conduct.
- Educate and communicate the benefits of the ACRISS standards within the travel industry to shop and book with confidence.
When ACRISS was formed in 1989 it was with the intention of gaining Car Rental Industry attention to the needs for standards so that travel professionals can make an informed choice when booking car rental in Europe, Africa & Middle East through electronic distribution channels. Influencing all to comply with standards, including non- members, has been integral to ACRISS success…
- Growth in Membership and Associates
- Use of Car Codes by Brokers
- Use of Car Codes by Car Rental and Mobility Solutions System developers
- Joint development of TIDS with Car Industry, IATA and Hotel Industry
- Operating a Code of Conduct with a complaints procedure
- Registering ACRISS as an EEIG and now UKEIG (Economic Interest Grouping)
- Working with the GDS to enhance the way the Car Rental and VDSI Transfers product is displayed
- Working with the CMA and our members to ensure compliance with the CMA and other regulatory compliance
- Working with Vehicle with Driver Service Industry to develope and set standards in the booking process and help provide the clarity and transparency needed to book with confidence.
- Use of Image Cloud to consolidate the distribution of images by car rental members to all global and individual partners
ACRISS works to provide Travel Agents and users with Car Rental Industry, Driver with Service Industry (Transfers) and other mobility services with nformation and reference charts to assist in the Education of GDS users..
- Car Rental Format Cards for use in GDS entries
- Car Classification Codes and explanations for Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Expanded Matrix of car classification codes to meet new demands and trends
- Examples of vehicles with USA comparisons
- Special Equipment and Optional extras/Ancillaries Codes and abbreviations
- Definitions and codes for car rental locations including airport locations and terminology
- Service categories, definitions and policies for the Vehicle with Driver Service Industry (Transfers)
PLUS useful training aids for incorporation into GDS training classes..
- Vehicle Sellings Guides featuring Vehicle Coding, car images and explanation for use
- GDS format guides
- Special equipment and location information
- Booking Tips
The ACRISS website has been enhanced to provide a host of information including a Travel Agent section with FAQs and answers.
Communication of developments and information is essential to aiding the travel agents and vital to ACRISS achieving its objectives.
- News items have helped to gain attention to ACRISS activities
- ACRISS own website and email communication facility is constantly being improved
- Meetings of Members and Project Teams speed development of critical projects and information
- Annual Meeting with invitations to Travel Industry related colleagues encourages feedback
- Introduction of a Glossary of Terms and key Abbreviations and Definitions soon to be published
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) both for professional and private users of information
- New updated ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guide and new languages available
- ACRISS Welcomes DiscoverCars.com as its latest Associate member
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 8 - July 2023
- Introducing our new Traffic Light CO2 Emissions Efficiency guide
- Happy New Year 2023 and New information on Electric Vehicle Coding
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 7 Dec 2022
- New ACRISS CO2 Emissions guidelines and Environmental page