ACRISS - formerly "Association of Car Rental Industry Systems Standards"
Major industry players in Europe who have high quality products and services, a well maintained fleet, dedicated customer service teams and conveniently located rental locations formed ACRISS in 1989.
These companies were and are still eager to ensure that they contribute to an industry standard that allows consumers to make an informed choice when booking.
ACRISS works diligently in:
- Setting industry standards to avoid misleading information
- Ensuring the customer has an informed choice when booking through all forms of electronic distribution channels
- Developing guides and tools to enhance electronic bookings
- Valuing their Travel partners and consumers
- Measuring their own compliance to the standards
- Engaging in industry relations to encourage and influence others
Why do we do it?
- To avoid misleading information and full disclosure of all mandatory charges
- To enable fair competition and provide full transparency
- To provide consumers and the end user with all the information in order to make an informed choice
- To simplify the booking process and compare like for like
- To provide guidelines and standards to the benefit of the industry
- What We Do
- - Membership Types
- - Our Members
- - Our Constitution
- - Honorary Associates
- - Objectives
- - Achievements
- - Mission
- - History
- - Why Acriss?
- - Code of Conduct
- - ACRISS Constitution
- - ACRISS Cloud
- - ACRISS Car Codes
- - Dos and Don'ts
- New updated ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guide and new languages available
- ACRISS Welcomes DiscoverCars.com as its latest Associate member
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 8 - July 2023
- Introducing our new Traffic Light CO2 Emissions Efficiency guide
- Happy New Year 2023 and New information on Electric Vehicle Coding
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 7 Dec 2022
- New ACRISS CO2 Emissions guidelines and Environmental page