ACRISS - Formerly "The Association of Car Rental Industry System Standards"
ACRISS was formed in 1989 by Avis, Budget, Europcar and Hertz to formulate and recommend standards for use in the design, installation and use of computerised systems operated by travel agents and others for the reservations of car rental services. It was shortly joined thereafter by the main computer reservation systems at the time (Global distribution systems).
Since then it has grown in membership and its objectives, though broadly the same, has extended to all forms of electronic distribution systems. ACRISS' influence has also grown as it continues to support both the car rental and Transfers industries whilst still looking to recommend and set standards to the benefit of the industry, its members and the end user.
- About ACRISS
- - Membership Types
- - Our Members
- - Our Constitution
- - Honorary Associates
- - Objectives
- - Achievements
- - Mission
- - History
- - Why Acriss?
- - Code of Conduct
- - ACRISS Constitution
- - ACRISS Cloud
- - ACRISS Car Codes
- - Dos and Don'ts
- New updated ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guide and new languages available
- ACRISS Welcomes DiscoverCars.com as its latest Associate member
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 8 - July 2023
- Introducing our new Traffic Light CO2 Emissions Efficiency guide
- Happy New Year 2023 and New information on Electric Vehicle Coding
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 7 Dec 2022
- New ACRISS CO2 Emissions guidelines and Environmental page