At ACRISS we are committed to helping reduce carbon emissions and support towards a greener environment and climate goals. To this end we have updated our table on CO2 emissions per car category to inform the industry and renter on the envrionmental impact of combustion cars during the transition to electrification and zero emissions.
The table below shows the average CO2 g/km emissions by fuel type including EV and PHEV for each ACRISS Car Category. Hopefully these guidelines will prove a useful tool in gaining a better understanding on the environmental impact of the category of vehicles available.
CO2 emissions has many variables including driving conditions, driving style and regional variances which will affect the CO2 emissions used. The below guidelines are based on an average CO2 g/km emissions by category and fuel type.
|Fuel code||Fuel Type Definition||4th letter Matrix code|
|D||Diesel||R, N, D, Q|
|MHEV||Mild hybrid electric vehicle||H|
|HEV||Hybrid electric vehicle||H|
|PHEV||Plug-in hybrid vehicle||I|
|BEV||Battery electric vehicle||E or C|
Note: The values above are the average CO2 g/km emissions per ACRISS Car Category and are for guidance purposes only. The CO2 g/km emissions of a specific make and model within an ACRISS Car Category may differ from the averages displayed above.
- CO2 Emissions Efficiency
- Vehicle Selling Guide
- Abbreviations/ Additional Features
- Optional Extras & Special Equipment Codes
- Booking Tips
- Corporate Booking
- Code of Conduct
- Guidelines for CMA
- Health and Safety pledges
- Car Rental Check-in
- Contactless Rental
- New updated ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guide and new languages available
- ACRISS Welcomes DiscoverCars.com as its latest Associate member
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 8 - July 2023
- Introducing our new Traffic Light CO2 Emissions Efficiency guide
- Happy New Year 2023 and New information on Electric Vehicle Coding
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 7 Dec 2022
- New ACRISS CO2 Emissions guidelines and Environmental page