ACRISS Guidelines for CMA Requirements
Following CMA’s requirements and compliance request sent to the Car rental companies, brokers and Online Travel Agencies in June 2016, ACRISS set about to review and agree standards that all its members would adhere to and follow in meeting these requirements.
The proposed guidelines have all been agreed by the ACRISS Members and Associates including the travel technology companies (Global Distribution Systems) behind the Online Travel Agencies (Metasearch providers).
It shall be noted that the Headline Price is the price quoted to the customer at the earliest point at time of booking in the shopping process & throughout the point of reservation.
Full disclosure of fees and charges are to be returned and all relevant information displayed and clearly presented to the consumer during the reservation process and located in a prominent position throughout the shopping process for the following
- 1. Young/Senior Driver Surcharge
- 2. One Way & Cross Border fees
- 3. Fuel charges
- 4. Excesses
- 5. Pre-Authorisations or Deposits
- 6. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) exclusions
- 7. Warnings on legal requirements for special equipment e.g Snow chains/Tyres
All mandatory charges should be included in the Headline price as defined in the objectives, the definition of mandatory charges is anything the customer must pay that is foreseeable and unavoidable.
NB: “Terms and Conditions” (T&Cs) as outline by CMA relates to “Policy and Booking Conditions” for Car Rental Companies and located in a prominent position in the shopping process.
To download full ACRISS Guidelines for CMA requirements document please click here.
- CO2 Emissions Efficiency
- Vehicle Selling Guide
- Abbreviations/ Additional Features
- Optional Extras & Special Equipment Codes
- Booking Tips
- Corporate Booking
- Code of Conduct
- Guidelines for CMA
- Health and Safety pledges
- Car Rental Check-in
- Contactless Rental
- New updated ACRISS Vehicle Selling Guide and new languages available
- ACRISS Welcomes DiscoverCars.com as its latest Associate member
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 8 - July 2023
- Introducing our new Traffic Light CO2 Emissions Efficiency guide
- Happy New Year 2023 and New information on Electric Vehicle Coding
- ACRISS Newsletter Issue 7 Dec 2022
- New ACRISS CO2 Emissions guidelines and Environmental page